Your attention this holiday season shouldn’t only be on decorating but should be on safety, too. Making sure you have insurance in Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC is one way to ensure security, but Gill Insurance Agency has five other ways you can protect your home and family this holiday season:
- Wires and cords – Before you start decorating, check every wire and cord for damages. Damaged wires and cords are potential electrical and fire hazards. Make sure outdoor extension cords are plugged into the correct circuits.
- Lights – Mount lights in areas that won’t affect their insulation. Avoid mounting or pinching them on doors, windows, or under furniture. Instead, secure them firmly on trees and on the house in a way that they won’t be affected by wind.
- Snow and water – Keep your extension cords protected from snow and water by storing them under covered areas. Check on these cords frequently throughout the season.
- Ladders – Make sure to inspect your ladder to see if all of its parts, especially the nuts and bolts, are still secure. The best ladders you should use for this type of task are wooden or fiberglass.
- Power lines – Always pay attention to your surroundings when putting up decorations. Keep at least 10 feet away from all power lines.
Make sure you stay protected this holiday season by talking to Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC or Gill Insurance in Rock Hill, SC today. We’re your local Trusted Choice independent insurance agency and we’ll make sure you’re well taken care of this holiday season.