Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

No matter what state you live in, you need to know the requirements for car insurance. While you may not like having to have a minimum amount of coverage, it’s for your protection. Gill Insurance in Rock Hill, SC and Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC want you to know the facts about South Carolina’s auto insurance requirements.

What are South Carolina’s car insurance requirements?

It doesn’t matter where you drive your car, even if you spend most of your time commuting out-of-state. If you’re a legal resident of South Carolina, you need to have auto insurance that meets the state’s requirements. This includes coverage for property damage liability and bodily injury liability.

What’s not required?

There are other types of auto insurance that aren’t required by the state but are still important for your health, safety, and financial security. We highly recommend adding uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection to your policy.

What are the minimum requirement limits? –

You need to have coverage for one individual up to $25,000; $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident; and finally, $25,000 for any property damage. Just remember: 25/50/25!

Do you need dependable auto insurance for your vehicle? Call Gill Insurance in Rock Hill, SC and Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC. As a Trusted Choice agency, we can find the right auto coverage policy for you from companies like Progressive, Travelers, and many others. Trust us to help you save on luxury auto insurance or help you save on car insurance for any vehicle.