Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

The new year is a perfect time for a fresh start. That may include moving to a new residence or relocating to a new city for a job or career move. Based on when you’re able to sell your home or find a new one, you may find yourself in a rental property. Although many people think about renters insurance for apartment dwellers or students, it’s an important way to protect yourself even if you’re renting a larger or luxury home.

When you’re renting a home, apartment, or condo, you won’t have to worry about paying for any damage to the outside of the home. For example, if a storm causes a tree to fall on the property you’re renting, your landlord’s insurance will pay to fix the roof. But what if it rains in the home and ruins your furniture or television? In most cases, you’d be responsible for replacing these contents. However, renters insurance would cover your belongings.

It’s tempting to think of the place you’re renting as temporary housing and nothing more. But your possessions have value. Make sure they’re protected by getting renters insurance. Gill Insurance and Gill-Holler Insurance offer affordable renters insurance in Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC. Get a quote today!