Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

You know how important homeowners insurance is to your overall financial security. But did you know that your standard home insurance policy may not cover every need you could potentially face? The agents at Gill Insurance Agency in Rock Hill, SC and Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC want you to consider the following types of additional coverage for your property:

  • Flood insurance: Many South Carolinians have learned a hard lesson over the last two years. Flooding isn’t usually covered by a standard homeowners policy. Instead, you’ll need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy. This is especially critical if you live on the lake or river, have a beach house, or live in another high-risk area.
  • Windstorm/hurricane coverage: Beach homes in particular may need additional coverage for wind damage. The risk of hurricanes and other coastal storms can really create havoc so you need to be prepared.
  • Earthquake insurance: Earthquakes are relatively rare in South Carolina, but we have been hit before. The 1886 earthquake in Charleston was strong enough to cause damage in the Rock Hill and Fort Mill area. You’ll need a separate earthquake insurance policy to cover this damage.
  • Personal umbrella liability insurance: These policies exist in case someone gets hurt on your property. Although home insurance typically includes some liability coverage, the personal umbrella policy gives you much more protection.

Interested in adding one or more of these policies to your insurance portfolio? Call Gill Insurance Agency in Rock Hill or Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill. We’re happy to help with these and all other insurance needs.