Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

Property insurance and liability insurance are two important types of business insurance. But if you have employees, there are additional forms of coverage you may be required to have.

  • Unemployment insurance tax: Depending on the details, your company may be required to pay unemployment insurance taxes. If this applies to your business, you’ll need to sign up with the employment and workforce department in your state.
  • Workers’ compensation: If you have any employees, you must provide workers’ compensation insurance. There are several ways to get this coverage. You can work with an agent (like the ones at the Gill Agencies) who provides commercial insurance policies, you can self-insure, or you can set up coverage through your state’s workers’ compensation program.
  • Disability insurance: Disability insurance helps employees who are sick or injured outside of work. The requirements for these policies vary from one state to another. You should verify with your insurance agent or your state’s employment and workforce department to confirm what coverage you need, if any.

If you have employees at your Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC business, call the Gill Agencies today. We’ll give you a quote for business insurance. We’ll also help you determine what’s best for both your company and your workers. As a Trusted Choice agency, we’ll find the best rates and coverage from one of our many commercial carriers. You can count on us to protect your company and your employees.