Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

Every homeowner wants to protect their property. Having homeowners insurance in Rock Hill, SC is the best way to guard against the unexpected. However, there will be times when you face situations that are out of your control. It pays to be prepared by educating yourself about the types of claims you may have to file on your property insurance. Here are five common types of home insurance claims in South Carolina from the agents at Gill Insurance in Rock Hill, SC and Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC:

  1. Liability – According to Trusted Choice, the most common type of homeowners claim in Rock Hill is for liability. These claims include slips and falls on your property, dog bites, and other situations. Without proper coverage, you could wind up paying a hefty settlement in court.
  2. Weather – Weather-related claims are the most common reason people use their homeowners insurance in South Carolina. It’s really no surprise when you consider that hurricanes, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, and ice storms can all affect our state. No matter if the damages are minor or major, a homeowners policy will make sure your investment is protected.
  3. Fire – Even a small fire can cause major damage to your home. Your homeowners policy will help you make the needed repairs so you can get back on your feet.
  4. Theft – Claims for home break-ins are typical in every state. If you have good property insurance coverage, you’ll be able to take comfort knowing that your items can be replaced if they’re stolen or damaged due to theft.

Make sure you have the homeowners insurance in Rock Hill, SC or Fort Mill, SC that you need. Contact The Gill Agencies and let our independent insurance agents can find the right coverage for your home today.