It’s a make or break world for small businesses in today’s market. The same can be said for your business insurance policies. In order to have a financially strong company, you need strong business insurance coverage. The insurance agents at Gill Insurance Agency in Rock Hill, SC and Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill, SC want to help you avoid the following five business insurance mistakes:
- Overpaying for coverage – Explore and research your coverage options to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
- Not getting life insurance – Your life and family revolve around your small business. Create a safety net for them by purchasing life insurance.
- Depending on your homeowner’s policy – Unfortunately, properties like commercial structures and business equipment, as well as any injuries caused at your business, won’t be covered under a homeowner’s policy. Those who operate their companies out of their homes should pay particular attention to this.
- Not getting coverage for loss-of-income – If you don’t have loss-of-income coverage and something goes horribly wrong with your business (such as a fire or tornado), your situation can go from bad to worse in a hurry. Get a policy that protects your income as well as your physical assets.
- Not getting disability coverage – More people lose their homes because of a debilitating illness or injury than any other reason. Disability coverage will help cover your expenses if you can’t work because of your health.
If you’re a business owner or are starting your own small business, let the Gill Agencies help you get the coverage you need. Call our Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC offices today for a consultation.