While you’re out shopping for gifts this season, thieves are out shopping for cars to break into. Having auto insurance in Rock Hill, SC and Fort Mill, SC can help you recover the costs of any damage or stolen property. However, the best scenario is to not have a theft in the first place. The Gill Agencies have five other ways you can protect your car during the holidays:
- Always lock your car – Never leave your car unlocked, not even for a few minutes. Check to make sure your doors are locked before heading inside a store. As a leading provider of auto insurance in Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC, we cannot stress this step enough – and law enforcement agrees.
- Park in safe locations – Park as close as you can to the entrance of the store. If it’s dark outside, make sure to park directly under a light. Avoid parking beside large trucks and vans, as thieves can hide inside or around these vehicles.
- Move to a new parking space – Whenever you walk out of a store, put your bags in the trunk and move your car to a new location. Thieves will be watching for stationary vehicles that are being filled with purchases.
- Be alert – When you exit a building, be aware of your surroundings. Have your keys at the ready, walk swiftly, and put away purchases quickly. Then lock your car immediately.
- Hide everything – Anything that’s left out in the open will attract thieves. Put your items in your trunk or tuck them in out-of-sight areas.
Call us for quality auto insurance in Rock Hill, SC or Fort Mill, SC so you can protect your car and your property this holiday season. As your local Trusted Choice independent insurance agency, we can help prepare you for the unexpected.