Gill Insurance Agencies: Rock Hill: 803‑324‑5300    |     Fort Mill: 803‑548‑5907    |    Mt. Pleasant: 843-388-5021

You’ve worked hard to get the things you own. Your possessions are valuable to you and you want to protect them however you can. The same holds true for antiques that have been passed down from generation to generation. For special items, especially those that have a high value, a special home insurance policy is required. These policies are called riders. Today, the Gill Agencies will tell you what you need to know about rider policies and how they tie in with your homeowners insurance policy in Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC.

  • What are riders? – Riders are policies that can be added to your homeowners insurance policy. They cover specific, valuable items that you or another family member owns.
  • What kinds objects are insured by this type of policy? – Items covered by riders include but are not limited to jewelry, artwork, furs, and antiques. These items are considered to be highly valuable and therefore fall outside the boundaries of your standard home insurance policy.
  • They offer additional protections, too. – Talk to one of our staff members to see if you qualify for a rider that can cover your HVAC or other expensive systems at your home. 

If you’re interested in setting up a rider policy for your home, please call Gill Insurance in Rock Hill or Gill-Holler Insurance in Fort Mill. Our staff would be happy to assist you and set up a homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs.